As a company it is our objective to balance the need to achieve our business aims, with the need to safeguard the environment both locally and globally We are committed to reducing the impact of our operations upon the environment by means of a program of continuous improvement.
Teckwood Ltd seeks to achieve and maintain compliance to all existing and future environmental legislation and have developed this policy statement to provide the framework for setting and reviewing environmental performance. The broad aims and objectives of the program are as follows.
Teckwood Ltd will:-
- Ensure compliance to present and future environmental legislation – where no regulation exists we shall seek to set standards that are compatible with this policy statement.
- Control and / or reduce emissions that are harmful to the environment.
- Seek to reduce consumption of materials in all operations.
- Minimise waste output by the implementation of segregation and recycling initiatives.
- Actively seek to manage and reduce all forms of energy consumption.
- Ensure that all employees are made aware of environmental issues.
- Seek to minimise the visual, audible and other aspects of our operations on the local environment.
In line with this commitment we have achieved FSC® Certiﬁcation to clearly demonstrate that Teckwood Ltd supports sustainable forest management.
It is accepted that the Teckwood Ltd, Environmental Policy, can only succeed with co-operation of all employees, whatever their respective level within the organisation.